LaVida Dance students are required to wear certain shoes and colors of leotards/tights, depending on the classes they are enrolled in.
NOTE: Hip Hop and Pop Culture classes do not have a required dress code, although we recommend comfortable, loose, and modest attire with a pair of sneakers used only for dance, or dance shoes. See our Dance Shop. Students must bring and change their shoes as they enter the studio. In the event that students enter dance floor in dirty shoes they have walked in, they will be asked to remove them and dance barefoot. Please, help keep our dance floor clean!
1. The simple leotard, tights, and Twinkle Star tutu outfits make it possible for the instructors to see the dancer's bodies so they can make the proper corrections.
2. Like Karate, the different colors represent growth to the next level of dance, giving dancers a goal they can strive to attain.
3. Young dancers are often distracted by their own dancewear. Large skirts and/or tutus become the dancer's focus instead of the instructor.
4. Learning to dance and work together as a team can be more easily achieved by removing the distraction of different dancewear.
5. Instructors are able to choreograph dances more effectively when the dancers are dressed the same.
All required dancewear is available for purchase at our online Dance Shop at a very affordable price (with no tax and $1.95 shipping fee). You can purchase online or call 1-877-632-6234 M-F 9:00 am-5:00 pm PST to place a phone order. Items are delivered directly to the studio.
The Dance Shop is a storefront through CostumeManager.com that is accessed directly through our website by following the "Dance Shop" in the top right navigation bar.
1. It is set up with all the correct colors, shoes, leotards, and tights that are required for your class. Many of our shoes are the color and style we use in our recitals, so it is better to have the correct items at the beginning in order to avoid having to purchase shoes again.
2. The prices are excellent, and the quality of their dancewear is superb.
3. ...Did we mention that this is more convenient than driving all over town to find dancewear?
Visit our Dance Shop for a complete list of required dancewear and instructions on how to place your order.
Stop by at the front desk! We have sizing kits for ballet shoes, jazz shoes, and leotards. You can try and order same day.
Bring it to the studio and we'll arrange an exchange or refund.
**Returns are not accepted on open tights and/or shoes that have been worn.