Dress Code for Youth Dance Program
Have your child be ready for class and order dress code attire and shoes online or call 1-877-632-6234 M-F 9:00 am-5:00 pm PST to place a phone order.Shop Online
NOTE: Hip Hop and Pop Culture classes do not have a specific dress code although we require comfortable, loose and modest attire with a pair of sneakers used only for dance or dance shoes (see our online Dance Shop). Students must bring and change their shoes as they enter the studio. In the event that students enter dance floor in street shoes, they will be asked to remove them and dance barefoot. Please, help to save our dance floor.
NOT ALLOWED: street shoes, jeans, low cut tops, clothing that exposes belly button or "cheeks", shirts that have profanity or suggestive slogans.
- The simple leotard, tights, and Twinkle Star tutu outfits make it possible for the instructors to see the dancer's bodies so they can make the proper corrections.
- Like Karate the different colors represent growth to the next level of dance which give dancers a goal they can strive to attain.
- Young dancers are often distracted by their own dancewear. Large skirts and/or tutus become the dancer's focus instead of the instructor.
- Learning to dance and work together as a team can be more easily achieved by removing the distraction of different dancewear.
- Instructors are able to choreograph dances more effectively when the dancers are dressed the same.
The Dance Shop is a storefront through CostumeManager.com that is accessed directly through our website by following the "Dancewear" in the top navigation bar.
- It is set up with all the correct colors, shoes, leotards and tights that are required for your class. Many of our shoes are the color and style we use in our recitals, so it is better to have the correct items at the beginning in order to avoid having to purchase shoes again.
- The prices are excellent and the quality of their dancewear is superb.
- Did we mention that this is more convenient than driving all over town to find dancewear?